Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Would you pray?

I've told you a bit about the Bible class I teach at the local refugee center on Thursdays. We do crazy stuff: songs, drama, candy throwing, crossword puzzles, to hopefully engage them in these powerful truths. Over half of my students are of a different religion, and as I get to know them more--their stories, traditions, former occupations, beliefs--my heart longs for them to experience real freedom and healing, through Jesus.



Now, after nine months of laying the foundation of the Old Testament, and building relationships with them, today I'm sharing the Messianic prophecies with them. Next week, I'm hoping to show The Nativity Story. I am so energized to get to the heart of God's story with them, and for them! And the stakes, though completely in God's hands, feel high.

I'd love you to pray for my students, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador...that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak (Ephesians 6:19-20).

Thanks, friend.

No comments: