Sunday, April 17, 2011

X-Ray Questions

Just when I think that I'm seeing less of some of the longtime idols in my heart...I realize that they've only evolved to a higher--or is that lower?--form of sorts: more crafty and cunning in their disguises. So I'm finding this list of "X-Ray Questions" from author David Powlison's book Seeing with New Eyes very helpful. Questions like these help keep my heart from sidestepping its deep-seated, twisted depravity to listen to the Holy Spirit instead. A sample:

1. What do you love? Hate?



2. What do you want, desire, crave, lust, and wish for?What desires do you serve and obey?


3. What do you seek, aim for, and pursue?


4. Where do you bank your hopes?


5. What do you fear? What do you not want? What do you tend to worry about?
 
What a list, huh?!

No comments: